MATH 20D Spring 2016
Introduction to Differential Equations
- 3/23/16 Welcome to Math 20D!
- 4/14/16 Here is a short worksheet on explanations!
- 4/18/16 Here are solutions for the practice worksheet on explanations.
- 4/22/16 Here are solutions for the first midterm.
- 4/22/16 Here are solutions for the second midterm.
- 6/2/16 I and the TA's will not hold normal office hours during finals week. Instead, we will hold office hours at the following times:
James Dilts: T,W 10am-12pm
James Acevedo: T 1-3pm
Jonathan Conder: M,T 4-5pm.
And to make this very clear, the final exam is Wednesday, June 8th, at 3pm to 6pm in our normal room. If you miss without prior arrangements, you will receive a 0 on the final. It will be approximately twice as long as a midterm, with about half being new material, and half old material. Feel free to bring a (hopefully quiet) snack.
- 6/2/16 Here are some practice problems for the final exam, for power series. Solutions will (hopefully) be posted tomorrow.
- 6/3/16 Here are (corrected) solutions for the power series worksheet.
Everything you need to know about the MATLAB assignments can be found here.
- TritonEd Grades (and exam seat assignments) will be posted here.
- WileyPLUS information
Everything you need to know about the WileyPlus can be found here.
- Course Syllabus
You are responsible for knowing the information and policies in the syllabus.
- Course Calendar
Important dates for the course in a convenient calendar format
- Textbook Homework Assignments
Problems from the textbook and what will be covered on each exam
Meeting times, office hours & other contact information for the professor and TAs
- Winter 2013 Exams in PDF format
Note: The above exams are provided "as is", exactly as they appeared when administered and without answers; in addition, they may differ in form and content from the exams given this term.
- "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers." (James Thurber)
- Table of Laplace Transforms This table will be provided to you at the final examination.
Sites with resources for assistance and tutoring
- Calculus Tutoring
Links to information regarding the Calculus Tutoring Lab, OASIS, and private tutors
- Wolfram|Alpha A powerful computational knowledge engine
Interesting sites relating to Mathematics (If you see a Math site you like
that's not here, email me the URL.)